CASCA Position Statements
The Canadian Anthropology Society in its role as a national association of anthropologists has articulated position statements on topics that directly concern our profession, researchers and students in our discipline and communities with which that we work. Our recent position statements follow:
- CASCA’s Statement in regards to Professor David Scheffel (PDF)
- In Support to the Family and Friends of Colten Boushie (PDF)
- Letter to Minister of Science and SSHRC about proposed changes to the Aid to Scholarly Journals Program (PDF)
- Letter to Minister of Science and SSHRC objecting to the Canada 150 Research Chairs program (PDF)
- Support to the Associação Brasileira de Antropologia (PDF).
- WCAA letter (co-signed by CASCA) to curtail intimidation practices towards the Associação Brasileira de Antropologia (PDF).
- Template letter for the liberation of Homa Hoodfar (PDF), CASCA letter to Ministers Trudeau and Dion regarding the imprisonment of Homa Hoodfar, June 2016 (PDF), and to President Rouhani, June 2016 (PDF).
- Support for the Truth & Reconciliation Commission's Final Report (PDF).
- Opposition to Nova Scotia Bill 100: Resolution (July 2015) (PDF), Nova Scotia Bill 100 information (PDF), letter to Premier McNeil (PDF), AAA Support to the CASCA Resolution (PDF).
- Endorsement of an open-letter to Minister Findlay regarding the audit of the Canadian Center for Policy Alternatives, September 2014 (Click here to download PDF) (Click here to automatically download the letter in Word).
- March 10, 2014 letter to Minister Leitch concerning the missing and murdered Aboriginal women in Canada (Click here to download PDF)
- Endorsement of an open-letter. Urgent action to prevent further human rights violations against LGBT people and end hate laws (Click here to download draft for endorsement)
- Endorsement of Call for Action: An Open Letter from Canadian Organizations Regarding Homphobia in Russia and the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics and Paralympics (Link to letter on the Canadian HIV/AIDS Legal Network web site)
- Letter to Ministers Kenney and Toews regarding the case of two University of Regina students facing deportation, May 27, 2013 (Click here to download PDF)
- Letter to Mark O'Neill, President and CEO of the Canadian Museum of Civilization, May 6, 2013 (Click here to download PDF)
- Idle No More, February 10, 2013 (Click here to download PDF)
- Canadian Museum of Civilization, October 22, 2012 (Click here to download PDF)