Call for Nominations
Applications can be made by any student member of CASCA undertaking doctoral level research in the field of anthropology at a Canadian university. Preference will be given to those who have completed their comprehensive examinations, have approved thesis proposals and are within one year of beginning fieldwork. CASCA recognizes that some eligible candidates may not be studying in anthropology programs, however all candidates must be members of CASCA when making their applications. The intent of the award is to assist with fieldwork expenses.
An outstanding academic record and an excellent research proposal with innovative scholarly import and social relevance.
Deadline: All application materials must be submitted electronically by 1 February 2020 to:
Millie Creighton - CASCA Secretary firstname.lastname@example.org
- provide a written report on research
- present report at a future conference (travel assistance will be provided commensurate with that conference year student travel bursaries level of funding)
- prepare a summary report for publication in Culture
Each application should include
- A Salisbury Award application form, signed, with items 2-4 attached
- A curriculum vitae, including education history, Ph.D. courses, presentations, awards, honours, teaching, grants and publications (up to three pages).
- A research proposal, including: theoretical framework, research problem/question, methodology, objectives, and social and scholarly significance (two pages).
- A budget for research, including planned use of Award funds, requests to other sources and funds received to date (one half to one page).
- Two letters of reference about the applicant's qualifications and the research proposal, with the university or organisation header, one of which must be from the applicant's thesis supervisor (these are to be sent directly by the referees).